30-12-2013

Another day. Another year.

Time. Where have you been, lately? You really fly when I wear nothing but smiles. But it's you also going in slow motion when dark days appear. Time, did I get the most out of you? And most important, did I spend you wisely enough? 

Dear 2013, you have been ridiculously amazing. It never ceases to amaze me how three hundred and sixty-five days pass by so fast. So many words have been spoken, lessons have been learned, things have been taught and many people were met. Opportunities. Love. Smiles. As well as, goodbyes. Failures. Pain. All these things brought me closer to something. Something so good, tasteful and powerful. It all brought me closer to the person that I am right now and would love to become. An immense desire to do more, get more and be more. More than I am today, will I be tomorrow. I have become part of the bigger picture and I can feel its connection. I can't wait to inspire more.




First a little story:
"My 6yr old cousin came home with her drawing. A picture of this huge furry and fluffy animal, which she collored orange between the lines. I loved the drawing, yet she didn't. There was this tiny orange outlier right outside the line of the animal's left ear, she told me. Therefore the drawing wasn't good, at all. Zooming in, I did see an orange outlier, but seeing the bigger picture, I still loved the drawing and I could see the effort she'd put in."

The biggest lesson 2013 taught me, is to see the bigger picture. Seeing the bigger picture gives us a chance to see the connection and can also make things more bearable. Of course, we love to be perfect in many ways [which of course, is so unreal as it gets] and be critical about ourselves (and others!) as much as we can so that we can improve everything too. But sometimes, zooming in too often will kill it. It drains energy and it gets overdone. 

There's nothing in this world that has only to do with you. Everything is connected, in every single way. There's no need to take anything personal, just because [fill in your reasons here]. Every single soul on earth is living his/her own dream and seeing his/her own reality. Don't be offended when someone acts in a way that does not suit your reality. Or don't get too mad when someone speaks words you did not expect right away. This is it. Look at the bigger picture and try to understand that everyone is different. Inside out. Try to understand where the other person is coming from and it will save you energy. You will get less annoyed and you will be more at peace. It brings so much harmony.

Reflect. Accept. Embrace and Evolve.

Another day. Another year. Feel free to change.

Dear 2014, you are right around the corner. I welcome you.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten