24-06-2013

Always learning

In January I lost my fight at the Europeans which (deffinitely unexpected) caused me so much pain and disappointment I just had never felt before. I have lost many BJJ fights in my life, but never cared too much about winning or loosing - just having fun and learning.

Today, I feel exactly the same as back in January. I just found out that I did not pass my biostatistics exam. For the first time ever, I am pretty upset about not passing an exam.

The disappointment I felt in January and the tears that came along became a turning point in my Brazilian jiu-jitsu journey. It was my fuel to train harder (and above smarter). While gratefully remembering this turning point, I put this grade F into extra motivation to focus, since my desire to become a great clinical epidemiologist and getting my masters degree in EBP is humongous.

So again, we're always learning. The disappointments we face in life may vary person to person, yet we can always use it as fuel to grow. Growing to become a better or more complete person than we were yesterday.
 
As Melody Beattie said: "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life and I am very thankful for these moments.

Namasté.

Saraï




1 opmerking:

  1. Great post. I'm sure you will pass your exam the next time and become a great epidemiologist. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen