09-09-2013

Being successful

So yesterday I was asked if I will become very successful in life. I got immediately confused, because what does being successful mean and how is it defined?

suc·cess·ful  
adj.
1. Having a favorable outcome:
2. Having obtained something desired or intended:
3. Having achieved wealth or eminence:
 
"A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one's own path, not chasing after the dreams of others." - Ching-Ning Chu

As the blessed and grateful soul that I am, I must say that I actually already feel very successful in life. Not nessessarily money or careerwise - I don't own a house or a car, nor for example did I finish my masterstudy yet.

 
I think that if you live your life and your dream to its fullest potential. And if you are able to love unconditionally, accept but also appreciate all that comes to you. And that if you are your authentic self, and thus you help and inspire others... that is, in my opinion, when you are truly successful in life.

Because, you can own all the money, titles and fame in the world, but if you don't give back, you will always miss a piece to complete your successful puzzle.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten